Wednesday 12 August 2015

Real Techniques


I can’t believe my last post was a month back! Think I was having a little too much fun on holiday and with graduation day! But I'm back home with not much to do so gonna get back to this blog!

So I thought I would talk about my recent purchase at Superdrug, which was the Real Techniques brushes; They were 2 for 3 (on sale) so I went a little crazy and bought all 3 sets (pictured below from left to right: Core Collection, Eye Starter Set, Sculpting Set)


A little back story, I bought the Real Techniques Core Collection and Eye Starter Set brushes about 2.5/3 years back and the bristles are slowly starting to come off now and I think they served their purpose and still are! So when I saw the offer at Superdrug I couldn't help myself, plus it was time to get new ones anyways and I really wanted to try the Sculpting Set because those brushes are now part of my daily make up routine! 

Now I have to say, when I used the (new) Core Collection and Eye Starter Set brushes, I noticed a change in the brushes and the good change! The brushes blended my make up better and I feel like the bristles are a tiny bit different. 
With the shading brush, I find my new one does the job better, because i just find it the right size and its not too big that the powder goes way over. In addition, the Sculpting set brushes are my absolute favourites! I'm always contouring out my cheek bones and strobing everywhere, these brushes have become my holy grail! 

So all in all if you are ever struggling with whether to buy these brushes or not, I'm here to say, all my make up brushes are Real Techniques! Yes, it is expensive but if it lasts that long and you use them everyday it is a good price. 
Similarly there are less expensive ones on eBay which are quite similar in look and the brushes work great but don't expect them to last that long; I bought mine on eBay (it was a 12 set for £12) and it lasted about 9 months, but those 9 months they worked so well, I almost forgot about my Real Techniques! 

No comments:

Post a Comment