Wednesday 26 August 2015

Beauty Must-Haves | Mascara


No matter how much make up I got on, mascara is such a must-have for me! It opens up your lashes and gives the impression of bigger eyes and quite honestly I love highlighting my big eyes! 

Take today for example, I wanted to put make up on but at the same time I wasn't down for beating my face up, only to go to town, so I slapped on some light (coverage) foundation, some bronzer (for color), highlight (because I am in love with strobing) and mascara!




With all that being said, here's a few of my favourite drugstore mascaras. 


L'oreal Volume Million Lashes So Couture

Before this I had never purchased a L'Oreal mascara up until I got this little beauty in a gift box purchase, and it pretty much changed my life.
This truly is the blackest mascara I have ever owned, and I cannot stress how much I love it! It does what it says; it volumizes and makes those lashes pop! If you're ever trying to play up your eyes with putting no effort, then you need this in your life! 

Maybelline Great Lash (Blackest Black)

I've heard so many good things about this mascara, so I thought I would give it a try, buying the blackest one, which happens to be Blackest Black, and it did not disappoint. 
In fact, I'm wearing it right now, but I would have to say I don't find it that strong a black, and if you did want a really black mascara go for the L'Oreal (one above).
Apart from the color, it really does make your lashes look great and lengthens them, and the brush is good for separating and getting around the corners of your eyes.

Maybelline (from left to right): Big Eyes, Sensational, Colossal, Falsies

Hands down, Maybelline produces some of the best mascaras, and I love these new packages they come in, so I just had to put them out there. 
Now while these mascaras stay true to being water-proof and long lasting, the biggest challenge you will face is when you have to remove it, but baby oil should do the trick. Honestly they each have a purpose from lengthening to volumising and they do just that! I get so excited every time I see a new one come out, I just have to have it! 

While there may be more drugstore mascaras out there, as of now I'm pretty much hooked onto these as they rotate within my current favourites  

No comments:

Post a Comment